For immediate release
Tour de Fronds - June 15, 2024
For information about this press release:
Donna Freeman, 541-439-2418
“Tour de Fronds 2024”
June 15, 2024 – Powers, OR
Tour de Fronds is celebrating 25 years! We are looking forward to this year’s annual Tour de Fronds bicycle ride. Registration will open March 1 and close on June 9th. The ride always takes place on the 3rd Saturday of June, Father’s Day weekend. It is a fully supported bicycle ride that allows cyclists to enjoy a day in our back yard, the gorgeous Siskiyou National Forest. All cyclists are welcome and we look forward to meeting new participants and greeting former Tour de Fronds riders.
We still claim the recognition from the Orbike contest, BEST BIKE RIDES IN OREGON! Tour de Fronds was voted #1 in 2016 and 2018. Cyclists always comment about the “absolutely amazing bike ride and volunteers”.
All rides start and end in Powers. The Tour provides a choice of scenic rides on low-traffic roads. This year there are five asphalt rides and the return of a popular gravel/asphalt ride. Take your pick of rides from 30 to 117 miles. There is something for everyone, from the novice to the cycling enthusiast.
- Daphne Grove- This is a 30 mile rides. Once you reach Daphne Grove spend time and enjoy the day alongside the river.
- Agness Pass – This ride is 43 mile with a 4.5 mile challenge climb. Elevation at Agness Pass is 2,350 feet.
- Eden Valley Metric Century–Try this 63 mile metric century ride with 2,200 feet of climbing and one sustained grade up to 10 percent.
- *Arrastra Saddle – The distance to Arrastra Saddle and back is 76 miles with lots of climbing.
- *Cruiser Loop – The 117 mile ride provides a multitude of challenges for the hardy rider!
Asphalt/Gravel ride: RETURNING Due to Popular demand
- *Rogue River/Singing Springs is a 72 mile ride, asphalt 55 mi/gravel 17mi. Turn around is at the Singing Springs Resort where they offer a great area to rest, refresh, enjoy lunch and get ready for the ride back to Powers.
*CRUISER LOOP, ARRASTRA SADDLE, AND ROGUE RIVER TO SINGING SPRINGS
Riders NEED TO DEPART BY 7:00 AM due to the length and challenge of these rides.
DAPHNE GROVE, AGNESS PASS, AND EDEN VALLEY
Riders may depart at their convenience before 9:30. There is NO MASS departure time scheduled.
Registration for this year’s Tour de Frond will open March 1 and close on Sunday, June 9th. The fee remains the same as last year and ranges from $65 to $85, depending on the ride choice.
On-line registration can be completed at www.active.com . Registration forms are available on our website at www.tourdefronds.com and can be completed there or download registration form and send it along with the fee to: Tour de Fronds, P.O. Box 369, Powers, Oregon 97466 by June 9 at 11:59 pm. We encourage you to register early to secure a spot for this year’s event. To receive a complementary t-shirt we must have your registration by MAY 27, 2024.
Friday – June 14, 5-7:30 p.m. Pasta Fund Raising Dinner $15 Adults, $5 Children 6-12, under 6 free. This event will be held at the Blue Shelter at the Powers County Park. The Registration fee does not include the amount for this dinner and those participating will need to pay at the event. This event will be sponsored by one of High School Classes or a Sports Team.
Saturday – June 15, 6:00-9:30 a.m. Check-in and Packet pick up is at the Powers County Park.
The Registration fee covers all the Saturday expenses:
- A continental breakfast available at the Park.
- A wide array of tasty snacks and re-hydrate supplies at the rest stops. (An opportunity to enjoy music from local musicians at some of the rest stops.)
- A delicious lasagna post-ride meal, served with bread, and salad, along with some serious homemade dessert choices served at Ross Hall from 11:30-6:00.
Sunday – June 16, 7:30-11 am Powers Lions Club Father’s Day Fund Raising Pancake Breakfast will be held at Ross Hall, 570 3rd Ave. $10 Adults, $5 Children 10 and under. Participants will need to pay at the event. This event is open to everyone!
Various camping options are available at the beautiful Powers County Park. Reservation can be made online at www.co.coos.or.us/departments/cooscountyparks/powers. You can also call 541-396-7755 to make reservations. NOTE: Reserve your spot early, as they fill up FAST!
Like us on Facebook. Be sure to check photos from previous rides.
We offer a warm welcome and hope to see you in Powers on June 15, 2024 for the 25th Annual Tour de Fronds.
Powers Lions Club is an equal opportunity recreation service provider, operating under special use permit within BLM Medford District and the Rogue River-Siskiyou NF.